Travelling is like Pringles. Once you pop, you cant stop!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pampanga: 15th Clark Hot Air Balloon Fiesta

As I write this blog, it has been a couple of months already since me and my partner Erick went to the 15th Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta (PHABF) at Clark, Pampanga held last February 13, 2010 - a Valentine's date slash his 21st birthday.


We decided to take a Clark-Subic travel package from the Discover Asia International Travel and Tours that costs only P1,300 pesos per pax. It includes the gas & toll fees, driver, van service to/from Makati-Clark-Subic-Makati, entrance fee in the Hot Air Balloon Festival, plus a Subic adventure trip of your choice. Hassle-free Subic-Clark trip reserved! Moving forward on our trip, we arrived in Makati for our van assignment around 2AM and reached Clark a little bit late since we were caught in traffic at the Angeles exit due to the large volume of cars that are also going to the festival. We thought we were already late for the start of the program but surprisingly we just came in time.


Upon entering the main venue, we truly had proven that this festival is indeed a fiesta of everything that flies! Everything I saw was extraordinary my firsts that until now I still can’t explain and elaborate how I felt when I finally saw the big fluffy hot air balloons. The whole period that these balloons were being puffed up by the hot gases upto the time that all of them were already flying in the sky, I was still speechless, overjoyed and smiling sooo hugely! It was like a dream come true that makes me want to see more of it each and every year.


Likewise, the Philippine Army Flag Jump made me truly proud of being a Pinay. It was like God handed-down the Philippine flag from the heaven to show support to us Filipinos in this kind of event. Patriotism it is! Also, the other exhibitions we witnessed like the Paragliding, Skydiving and the Aerobatic show were really cool! I got really envy with those participants who are lucky enough to do these one of kind air sports.


Post Its:
-Entrance fee to the park is P150.00 while riding the hot air ballloon costs $150.00
-Do not forget to bring a camera and a tripod
-Leave Manila around 3AM

How to get there from Manila:
1. Ride a bus off to Dau, Pampanga (Victory Liner/Baliwag) - Fare: P200.00
2. From the bus station, walk to the Caltex station and ride a jeep to the main gate - Fare: P7.00
3. From the main gate, ride a jeep again to the venue - Fare: 10.00

Written on May 26 2010


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I really want to go here. I heard that there is an additional 1000php to enter the field. Is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled upon your blog while looking for tips on traveling to Clark, Pampanga. I will be driving all the way from Cainta, Rizal to Clark to attend the 16th hot air balloon fiesta this Sunday. Thanks for the heads up on traffic. by the way nice photos. Keep on blogging. I am a newbie blogger as well.

    http://www.myislandtrek.com/

    ReplyDelete